Sunday 1 September 2013

Interpretative processing


I thought that this exercise would be particularly interesting as it required the search for an image that would give a variety of opportunities for different creative interpretations and varied processing. The exercise required the production of three different versions of the same image.Before going ahead with the chosen image, I spent some time experimenting with the various pre sets in Lightroom which was great fun. The image that I eventually chose to use was one taken on holiday in San Francisco - the inside of one of the famous street cars.


P564: F2.7 @ 1/640  ISO 400  4.3mm  AWB Original image




P565:  Sepia

Given the age of the streetcar  and the timeless look of the people inside, I thought that I would see how a 'sepia' type look would turn out. It took a while to get the colour I was looking for working through the black and white panel. There was a great deal of light coming in from the right of the image producing an over exposed aspect which made it difficult to get a result that revealed the dog in the bag clearly. That said, I was reasonably happy with the resulting finished look in P565 as I felt that it did give a timeless quality to the image. 



P566: Picture Post
Next I tried a black and white version as I was reminded of the kind of images that I used to see in old Picture Post type publications. This image was the result of playing around with various colours to achieve the look I wanted. I feel it conjures up the1950s.
 
 
P567 : Sunny side up 
The day on which the image was taken was very hot ...clear blue skies and dark shadows. The original image suffered from the bright light coming in from the right which bleached out some of the interior colour. I decided to produce a warmer version which echoed the warm summer's day inside and felt this worked well. Aplus factor was the interior detail being enhanced as well.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment