Sunday 12 January 2014

The Returned - image into cover design (3)


The final cover design !!

Looking for a way of of introducing a supernatural quality, a feeling of the 'unearthly', I turned to Lightroom to make various adjustments to P628 to conjure up the look I wanted...This is the starting point:


P628

 A key feature of the television story is the role played by a reservoir near to where the action takes place. As the water level in the reservoir mysteriously drops slowly over a period of time stretching across the storyline, there are an increasing number of incidents where people unknowingly dead turn up amongst the community. I wanted to capture this 'watery' connection through colour. I also wanted to give a sense of looking through an atmospheric 'veil'.


P629
P630

For P629 I decreased the temperature and tint as well as the exposure,highlights and saturation. I then increased the shadow slightly and adjusted the contrast (P630 ) adding in the cover titles for the final version (P631):

P631
I'm pleased with the end result here.








No comments:

Post a Comment