Tuesday 18 March 2014

David Lynch : the Factory Photographs

I can never give up a trip to the Photographer's Gallery when in London and this time I struck lucky with three exhibitions.
David lynch's exhibition featured black and white interiors and exteriors of industrial structures taken at various locations including London, Germany, Poland, New York and New Jersey.

I am always attracted by black and white photography and these had the lure of Lynch's cinematic style as well.





His images are dark and brooding depicting the decay of man-made structures, hinting at a bygone industrial age.




My partner asked me what made these images special i.e. warranting such an exhibition - were they here through real merit or because of the person who took the images or a combination of both. It was a good question. I liked his work -there were some images I personally found eyecatching; they drew my eye through the composition,use of light to reflect mood and enhance design. Whether they were 'special' is I guess in the eye of the beholder...but I think  deserving of a wider audience which of course an exhibition can bring even to a well known name...  





No comments:

Post a Comment