Tuesday 10 December 2013

Enhancement

Well, I'm not sure how successful I was here in enhancing this head and shoulders portrait but in trying out adjustments to firstly the face and then the eyes, I feel the changes to the eyes would, if successful be less legitimate. Why this is seems to be my feeling uncomfortable with changing the colour of the eyes which are unchangeable ( unless coloured contact lenses come into play) whereas as skin colour and tone does change naturally from time to time. Maybe any change id not legitimate if the reality of the image changes unless the alteration is known and agreed or maybe requested by the subject if a portrait. That said, the more I write this, the more I feel myself sinking into a quagmire of ethical debate

Original image



P603: f5.6 @1/4 37mm  ISO1600 AWB


Enhancement of the face through increasing brightness and contrast
 
 
P604
 
 
And then just looking at the eyes...increasing the saturation and brightness and changing the hue a little.
 
 
P605
 
I prefer the middle image though the third one comes a close second....


No comments:

Post a Comment